Monday, April 15, 2013

Positivity!

Now and days it seem like everyone has a chip on there shoulder. So easily angered and annoyed. I to use to be like this. I was always wearing a frown, even now because habit my husband reminds me to smile. I was so angry and so annoyed by the littlest of things. Now that I truly know the Lord, all my anger is gone and past and my patience is getting a whole lot better through prayer and practice. But look at this backward society, people think it's a sign of strength to be angry, hard or have a bad attitude. Constant telling people off or trying to belittle others is a way of showing strength to gain respect, cursing things and people that have crossed them. I see it everywhere. Its almost as if to try to prove something, this is a deeply flawed way of thinking. Anger is a very powerful strength and it is easily triggered, but joy, now that it true power. Have you ever just smiled at someone random, they mostly always smile back. That is all it takes to spread joy, negativity however, takes so much emotion and energy. When you are in a bad situation it's so easy to let it get the best of you. You feel it rising almost as a heat or a fever, but the true strength is in stopping it. Keeping your mindset regardless of your circumstance. Emotions are like waves they come and go, our mindset is a huge rock that shouldn't sway with the crashing of the waves. If we focus on the good, on love, on grace, on how blessed we are, then when these waves hit we will not loose our ground. Being Christian we must be examples of character, not just any character but of godly character. I know that and see that now. We stand on the rock of salvation and no matter the circumstance we should not be shaken. It's killing the fleshly desires to keep Gods desires. It's so easy to snap our tongue and give people an emotional reaction but what good does that do? Then what, back and forth, hurt and hate? It's harder to walk away from these situations then it is to entertain them. Yet knowing what I know now it's makes it all worth it. You see if anyone does me wrong, I know God will make things right for me, I have peace and stand firm on this. I don't waist my energy on a negative attitude. Negativity is a cancerous weight to carry. I choose positivity something that is harder to do but with each time I choose joy, it builds endurance and I am all that stronger for it!

Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment