Thursday, April 25, 2013

Contour and highlights!

Before I show you how I contour and highlight my own face, I made this so you can understand how to contour and highlight according to your face shape. That way you can change it to match your own. There really is not much difference, but you would be amazed what doing it right for your own shape will do.

There are about nine different shapes of the face, however most of them are just variations of the basic 5... oval, square, round, diamond and heart. You can have mixtures of any two and also any variation with long. I didn't make long because it dosent necessarily have a certain shape, just one of these shapes but longer.
Did you know that an oval face is believed to be most pleasing to the eye? The whole point of contoring your face is to make it seem more oval. You are darkening the out most parts of your face to slim it into seeming oval. The hightlights are for making those parts of your face stand out making the darkened contoured parts seem to fade out. Its a well practiced illusion.

This is the easiest way to distinguish in faces shape..

Heart- usually the forehead is the widest part tapering into a narrow chin
Round- the face is as wide as it is long
Square- the forehead, the cheek bones, and the jaw line are all the same width
Diamond- widest at the cheek bones with a narrow chin and forehead
Oval- the face is fairly narrow but longer then it is wide.




Here are some examples of the 5 basic face shapes...

 photo image-4.jpg

So did you find what shape you are? Keeping in mind it can be a little of both. I am a diamond and oval mix but mostly a diamond because my cheek bones are the widest part of my face.
So when I do my make up I do it the diamond way because it comers up the wideness of my cheeks

So here it is find your shape and practice...

 photo image-3.jpg


I hope that I helped you learn something you didn't already know.
Have fun and God bless! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment