Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fish Tail Side Braid!

My first ever request! So a dear friend of mine asked me to do a tutorial on fish tail braid. 
They look hard to do but it's actually pretty easy. If you can do a regular braid, you can do a fish tail. So the way I'm going to show you is a side ways fish tail. Its easiest and your not going to have to guess what your doing behind your head. It's a really cute look for summer! Plus once you learn the braid you can always style it other ways. I really hope you can understand my explanation. 

Line 1: Getting started...
- Comb your already strait hair to one side, leave a part if you'd like. 
- I have layers so I choose to clip back the front bangs
- Tie a hair band around your hair. Make sure it's not to tight, just enough to hold your hair together. 
- Part your pony into 2 equal parts

Line 2: The tricky part...
- The 2 parts you have in each hand, with your pointer finger separate 1/3 of your hair on each side.
- Switch the hair that is parted over your pointer fingers, one, then the other and pull tight. 
  You should have 2 strands again. 
- Again part the 1/3 section on each side and cross them over, each to the other side. 

Line 3: Finishing up
- Follow line 2 till it gets to thin to braid
- Should look like this... (Blooper pic my husband took! Lol!)
- Tie a hair tie at the end of your braid. I like to use transparent ones, just looks better in my opinion.
- Slowly pull the top hair tie down over the braid

Line 4: One last thing... Done! 
- After hair tie is pulled down, should look like this..
- Going back to the end, pull down the hair tie, away from the braid. 
- Pull on the braid to loosening it, this will take up the slack at the bottom. 
- All done, looking good! ;) 

Hope you were able to learn the fish tail braid.. Don't forget to share this and Pin It! 
God bless! ❤




Here is a Line 2 close up. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment